Latest release on Justice Hardcore, now for sale on Trackitdown!
I took my pet hedgehog outside for the first time today. She was interested in nosing around for a little but then ran into my girlfriend’s hands.
Ian K: I think what makes Seattle special is that it feels like a community of folks influencing each other, writing great music and performing together. There is a ton of support for the harder genres of dance music, and for me that makes all the difference in the world!
Read the full interview at http://diskowarp.com/disko-warp-hot-seat-5-questions-with-ian-k-doughboy-sea/
Here’s a brand new mix to celebrate my birthday!
1. Trouble - Hyperforce & IYF
2. Bomber - Loadstar
3. For a lifetime (Breeze mix) - Adam Harris Feat Taya
4. Chris Fear & Lisa Abbott - Play With Fire
5. Alive - Ramos, Mob & Enemy
6. Lights - Mediks
7. Close Your Eyes ft. Bridson - Darbo & Snipes
8. Break of Dawn - Metrik
9. Save My Life - Stu Infinity
10. Move - Andy Whitby & Klubfiller
11. Feel Fine - Rescue Vs. John Phaze ft. Lil Bri
12. The Journey (Metrik Remix) - John B feat. Code 64
13. It Is It - The Wishmaster
14. Inertia - Nix
15. Gonna Be Mine (Tantrum Desire Remix) - NAPT, Peo De Pitte
16. Could Be The One - Chris Unknown
17. Lost In Your Love - Lady Dubbz
This is a message to every single one of you who creates art in some form or another:
Please don’t stop.
I know that whatever it is you create, it’s likely at some point someone has told you it was a waste of time, or that you are no good at it. It may even be someone close to you, someone who’s opinion you value. It might get you down and feel like you should quit. I want to tell you that they are wrong.
I’ve been making noise and calling it music for the majority of my life now and I can say that their opinion simply does not matter.
Creating art, whether it is making music, painting, writing code, making films, whatever it is YOU create is meaningful. It doesn’t matter if a single other person in the world loves it or even sees it. So write that poem, or draw on your napkin, or sing a song, whatever it is that allows you to express yourself! And when someone says to you “You are wasting your time”, “You suck”, “Just give up” you just go ahead remember that you didn’t make it for them, you made it for YOU!